When Mold Damage Occurs act promptly! We the experts at Rapids Flood Team are always ready and prepared to remediate your mold affected areas.
Highly Trained credentialed staff
- Licensed, Bonded, Insured, WRT Certified
- Free Inspections and Estimates
- Project evaluation, Demonstration and Protocol Creation
- Moisture Meter Detection to Evaluate Affected Areas
Remediation Process of Affected Areas:
An inspection and water damage assessment is performed. Followed by Water Removal Extraction, Dehumidification and Sanitized Cleaning.
- We remove all wet and mold-damaged porous materials.
- WE place the damaged materials in plastic bags. We discard all the saturated and moldy materials in plastic bags that are at least 6 mil thick, then we Haul all debris and bags.
- We disinfect all non-porous materials and wood surfaces that are moldy with our antimicrobial agent. Doing this we Use thick rags for wipe down and hard bristle or wire brushes to loosen the mold if necessary. Finally, we scrub all moldy surfaces using a damp cloth and final application of antimicrobial solution until all
- mold has been removed providing a clean surface.
All cleaned materials should be dried to allow leftover moisture to evaporate. We use the following equipment to speed up the drying process, Dehumidifiers and Air Scrubbers.
An antimicrobial is an agent that extinguishes microorganisms that cause or create mold and inhibits their growth. Antimicrobial is an Organic Solution that disinfects & helps by eliminating & preventing possible mold growth
Drying Equipment Set up and Maintenance:
Dehumidifiers are used to remove deep imbedded moisture that is trapped in the building material. Building material such as: Wood, Carpet, Drywall and Odor Filled Air. Our Commercial Grade Dehumidifiers pull and drain all existing moisture. Creating a fully dried area, which also helps to prevent mold.
An Air Scrubber is a portable filtration system that removes Particles, Mold Spores and Gasses from the air within a given area. This machine draws air in from the surrounding environment and passes it through a series of filters to remove contaminants.