Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damage can be devastating to property owners because fire has the ability to cause massive amounts of destruction in short periods of time. Thankfully, fire damage restoration exists and is there to rebuild the part of your property that has been damaged.
What is Fire Damage Restoration?Fire damage restoration is a process that attempts to reverse fire damage in a property to its pre-damaged condition. Due to the destructive nature of fire, this process can take weeks to months to complete. Depending on the nature of the fire and its effect before it was put out, there may be a variety of restoration tactics that may need to be applied to the house. Properties that experience fire damage may need:
- Debris removal
- Odor removal
- Soot removal
Our ProcessWe have a careful approach to restoration projects because we want to view and understand the damage so that we can repair it correctly. Our process for fire damage restoration is as follows:
- Assess the damage- Before we can perform restorative services on your property, we will need to come by and properly look at the damage that the fire created. This is a crucial step as it allows us to create an accurate and suitable plan of action for your property.
- Secure the location- Fire can damage ceilings, floors, and other major property structures making the construction area delicate or dangerous. In order to repair the damage, these areas will need to be secured and roped off to protect our employees and to prevent additional damage to the property. We will also place tarps on damaged areas that have the potential to be exposed to the weather.
- Remove debris, ash, and soot- The first bit of housekeeping that we do is removing any obvious signs that there was a fire. Debris will be thrown away and ash and soot will be ventilated and swept up so that we can address any further damage.
- Remove water- All water will need to be removed from the property to prevent the growth of molds, mildew, and other fungi that may thrive in a damp environment. It is also important to remove water in order to let the property air out.
- Clean the property- During this step, we will extensively clean the construction area. We will deodorize, clean, and sanitize the area so that it is ready to be worked on.
- Begin the construction process- After we’ve made sure that the area is secure and clean, we will be able to move forward with our construction plans. We will work tirelessly to ensure that your property is built precisely and timely.
Ready and Prepared
We the experts at Rapids Flood Team are always ready and prepared
Highly Trained Credentialed Staff
Our staff of assigned adjusters will handle your claim directly with your insurance company
Licenced & Insured
We are capable of handling every insurance claim with accuracy and promptness
What We Offer
Dealing with the aftermath of a property fire can be extremely stressful for everyone involved. We offer our clients a true partnership. We take pride in our effective client communication and our dedication to helping you in every way that we are able to. Partnering with the Rapids Flood Team solidifies our commitment to giving you the best results possible.